Thursday, October 22, 2009

Best NFL Stadium for Tailgating!

Soldier Field Stadium, Chicago, IL - Home of Chicago Bears Football

This is completely my own opinion and has no factual information regarding the best places to tailgate at. I choose Soldier Field for several reasons as my favorite place to tailgate:

1. Limited opportunities to tailgate in other parts of the country

  • Having no money and limited access to earning any in the near future has put a strain on my capabilities to travel and spend my days drinking and relaxing in the utopia that is tailgating. Besides a few local college tailgate parties within the State of Illinois (U of I and ISU), a couple of White Sox games, and a few concerts I have not been any where that has matched the intensity of the atmosphere at Soldier Field. The fans are passionate about their team, and you can definitely sense that.

2. Location
  • Right off a major interstate there are several parking lots within the area to locate yourself for the day. These lots are easily within walking distance to the stadium, which makes it quick to get so you can continue to party just up to the start of the game. The last important issue is with exiting the area. Since the parking lots a far enough from the stadium (but I remind you close enough to walk), if you beat the pedestrian traffic you can avoid the long car lines too.

3. The Fans
  • The several games that I have been tailgating at the fans were always hospital. Handing out free food samples, asking if you need a drink, or offering just about anything they had to make your time more enjoyable. Everyone seemed willing to share their love of tailgating and football.
Leave a comment and share your favorite venues to tailgate at and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment