Sunday, September 20, 2009

Budlight Appeals to the Taste of Tailgaters

As I sat around watching a day full of NFL games and during the brief moments that I actually pay attention to commercials there were a few that caught my attention. Bud light produced what I believe to be fake infomercials selling quite unique products that made me chuckle when I first saw them. The first commercial that played had a foam finger and a koozie combined into one great item. The koozie was built attached to the foam finger right where the palm of the hand is. It cut two slits on the side of the palm so you could stick your hand through to be able to hold onto your beverage, preferably a beer. Originally I thought what a brilliant idea. You can root for your team and drink beer with one hand. That means you have all kinds of possibilities to use your right hand for. Another beer! Maybe some food of some kind, or anything one’s heart desires. Then I started thinking, how can you drink the beer. Every time you would go to bring the can closer to your mouth, you would poke your eye before having the chance to get a sip. Again, I believe these were used as fake promotional items for Bud light, but if this was a legitimate product would you actually buy it? I think it would be something cool to buy if it were actually a functional koozie. Another product that I found hysterical was a dog carrying condiments. You can have your condiments of choice at your side at all times, unless your dog runs away. It was a real simple design, a strap that went around the dogs back with two pouches connected on the side to hold the contents. Obviously it is not most thought out idea, but I think it is just meant to be funny and stupid. I thought they were clever, cheesy commercials that at least got you thinking about Bud light and tailgating. What inventions have you thought of that would be great for tailgating. Post a comment what you think about the commercial, or any of your own creative ideas. See you next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment